Your mortgage needs to be much more than just about the rate. As a Wealth Strategist and Certified Financial Planner, I use your mortgage as the cornerstone to a strong overall wealth plan.
So often I see a focus on paying down the mortgage only to run into credit card debt, at much higher rates down the road. Or I see high mortgage payments denying clients other opportunities.
Would a change in your mortgage help you ...
- participate in your companies matching pension plan or stock purchase plan
- contribution to RESPs and get government grants
- purchase permanent insurance products that can give you a tax free income in retirement
- create a tax deduction from the interest on your mortgage
Would taking a higher mortgage allow you to ....
- purchase an investment giving you cash flow
- purchase a rental property
- reduce the overall interest rate you pay on debts
Your mortgage is probably the biggest debt you have. And your home is probably your biggest asset. Shouldn't it play a key role in your financial plan. As both a mortgage agent and a certified financial planner I can make this happen.